|Pick up||06:00 AM|
Stop when you explore everything
Secure your spot with small deposit
Fayoum oasis day trip from Cairo will lead you to the nearest Egyptian oasis full of interesting places to discover. right in the middle of the desert unique ancient sites are waiting to be discovered: Kom Oshim, Qasr Qaroun Temple, Madinet Madi Archaeological site and even two Egyptian pyramids, which you can enter: Lahun and Hawara.
Al Fayoum oasis, the nearest oases to Cairo, is situated some 90 km southwest of the capital of Egypt and is easily reached on a Day Tour to Fayoum Oasis from Cairo. The first 50 kilometers are across bare desert, much of it with excellent views back to the pyramids of Giza.
When travelling around Egypt be ready to be an object of attention and curiosity. Your appearance, dress, behavior, and the way you speak are all strange and often entertaining. If you want to have a relaxing, enjoyable holiday and experience the real warmth and hospitality of Fayoumis, here are a few things to bear in mind:
- Both men and women should avoid showing too much skin.
- Women should wear clothes that cover the shoulders, and the legs down to the knees.
- Women with long hair, especially blond, are advised to put it up or cover it with a headscarf.
- Men should never remove their shirts, and should also not uncover their shoulders or any part of the legs.
The oasis is known for its ancient monuments dating back to different eras. On our trip to Fayoum oasis we will visit the top 5 sights including
- The Museum of Kom Aushim and ruins of Karanis - are among the best preserved and the most easily accessible of all Ptolemaic/Roman town sites in Fayoum.
- Qasr Qarun - a well preserved Ptolemaic temple is situated about 45 km far from Fayoum town. Around the temple you will find the ruins of Dionysias, a Greco-Roman town and garrison.
- Madinat Madi - These 12th Dynasty and Ptolemaic temples together with ruined town lie in the desert about 30 km southwest of Fayoum. The well preserved ruins of the temple are very interesting and worth a visit.
Visit to Hawara Pyramid