Pyramids and 5 days Nile cruise holiday from Luxor is a great way to tour Upper Egypt and its famous temples: Karnak and Luxor temples, Hatshepsut temple at Deir el Bahari and Memnon Colossi, Edfu, Esna and Kom Ombo plus excursion to the pyramids in Cairo.
Pyramids excursion in Cairo and 5 days Nile cruise holiday from Luxor will let you visit many ancient sites in Luxor, Aswan and Cairo and experience a relaxing Nile cruise. Our representative will pick up you upon arrival in Luxor from Luxor International airport or if you are already in Luxor, we can pick up you from your Luxor hotel.
Nile cruise holiday with the pyramids excursion runs as follows:
- Luxor city excursion. Visit to the Valley of the kings and Hatshepsut temple, Memnon colossi and Karnak temple. Check in your floating hotel and lunch onboard. Free time and overnight.
- In the early morning excursion to Luxor temple and back to the boat. Afternoon sailing to Edfu via Esna lock. The distance is around 55 km. Let’s enjoy with the beautiful views of the Egyptian countryside until we reach the lock of Esna, we pass through the lock and continue sailing to Edfu. The distance is around 65 km. Lunch and dinner will be served on board while sailing.
- Today time to visit Edfu temple of Horus, but to reach the temple we have to catch a cab. The entire temple is embellished with wonderful reliefs. This is one of the most beautiful and certainly the best preserved of Egypt’s monuments. Then we return to our boat to continue our journey toward Kom Ombo. In the afternoon visit Double temple of Sobek and Horus at Kom Ombo and newly opened Crocodile museum. After visiting the temple we will be back to the boat to continue sailing to Aswan. Let’s have lunch and dinner on board. Overnight and evening entertainment program on board in Aswan is available.
- After breakfast we'll start our Aswan city tour. Visit the High dam of Aswan which is situated 6,5 kilometres south of the original Aswan dam built in 1902 and subsequently heightened on 2 occasions. Then we will take a motor boat and visit Philae temple. This is a jewel of Upper Egypt, a beautiful small island of Philae.
- Lunch on board and optional afternoon visit to Botanical garden can be arranged. The island is one of the oldest gardens in the world and includes a rare collection of tropical plants which have been collected from all over the world. Overnight and evening entertainment program on board in Aswan.
- On the last day of your stay you can optionally go to the huge temples of Abu Simble or visit the Nubian village. Check out the boat by 12 pm and free time. Optional visits can be arranged. In the evening transfer to railway station to catch your sleeper train to Cairo.
- In Cairo upon arrival our guide will meet you and you can have your breakfast in the city (optionally). Now time to visit the pyramids. Our pyramids excursion includes visit to Giza plateau and its exploration. The three pyramids of Giza, Sphinx and its Valley temple plus workers tomb (optionally). You can also enter inside any of the three pyramids opened to public (requires extra ticket). Lunch in the city and afternoon visit to Egyptian Museum of Antiquities. Two and a half hour tour of the museum will introduce you to many artifacts, different interesting collections and of course famous mummies. In the evening transfer to Cairo railway station to catch your sleeper train back to Luxor. Upon arrival in Luxor our representative will meet you and transfer to your hotel.